Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

Tuesday, March 6th -- Arrived in Baltimore

Our trip began with a cell phone replacement in Bennington (many thanks to Andy Nicholson, Pete's brother). Gus, the puppy, thought that Bill's cell phone would make a great throw toy in the snow.....we said good-bye to the phone at 10 PM Monday night.

Our drive was smooth with little traffic. Peter Mull's sister lives in Baltimore and his brother-in-law Carl became our ground control. He flew us right to our hotel without a glitch. We're here! No problems...right....you know the old...'most accidents happen within five miles of destination'....our occurred within a 100 yards of our room....in the parking garage...I have this spatial depth problem. When I go skiing the six-pack gates at the lift cause me much confusion and sometimes-internal panic no matter how many times I go through them. I had one of those moments. I slid my hotel card in the slot but also suddenly saw a note about taking a ticket...I didn't know if I was OK to go or if I needed to grab a ticket too. I asked the clerk who was locked in her glass hut without a window, like a goldfish except she was wearing red. She unlocked her bowl and came out to tell I could go so I did. As I went, the striped gate that works as an entrance barrier that had been suspended in air welcoming me into the lot came down on my car. I had waited too long...my 30 seconds were up. Don't ask me why I did this...I blame it on my spatial perception issues...I gunned my car. I thought I could get out from underneath it or maybe it would pop back up if I went fast. Suddenly there was that sound of wood splitting (the gate being ripped from it's pole) and a woman screaming. Within moments I became a convict in Baltimore. The woman kept telling me in her heavy Spanish accent she needed to wait to see what Cameron said...Cameron knew what happened. Bill and I thought how would she know? Lady in red pointed up into space and suddenly we knew....’Cameron’ who was actually ‘camera’ would know!!!! A beady eye was staring down at us....I felt terribly guilty. She took all of my information including last years 1040....what an experience. (Click on the pictures to enlarge) Of course, this was all fine entertainment for Bill! We decided that I was to have my head examined as well.

Bill went out to try to get a picture of the crime scene this morning. He returned to say there was a crew working to put on a new gate. I can’t exactly run out of dodge either!

We woke up to a snow day in Baltimore. The news had a lady standing in the streets of Baltimore telling people to be careful driving while the bottom screen had a ticker of school closings. All of this and there is barely a dusting....we even saw a man clearing the side walks with a leaf blower! I am enjoying the weather. It feels like home, which we already miss.

Bill is finishing up paperwork for his appointments today and I'm busy being too wordy. We have had many discussions on our trip, throughout the evening, and this AM of how fortunate we are to have such wonderful friends and family. Our hearts are full of your thoughts and prayers. Our cup runneth over. Thank you.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?